Sunday 16 October 2011

Cachaçaria

I went to a really nice cachaçaria yesterday. A cachaçaria is basically a restaurant/pub where they have a lot of different kinds of cachaça. Cachaça is the typical strong drink of Brazil and is for example used to make caipirinha. This place also had a projector showing a football match from the Brazilian league. They had 707 different kinds of cachaça! Many of these were put in a bookshelf next to the tables. The bookshelf was so big that they had a latter ladder in order to be able to climb up and get all the cachaças. Having all these along one of the walls definitely enhanced the atmosphere of the place. We only tried a fraction of the cachaças, but they were all good.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

What's a 'latter'? Your English is starting to slip, clearly. We'd better hope that your Portugese is improving fast enough to take over soon!

Johan said...

Hehe, I was just checking if you were reading, or maybe I had too many cachaças ;)
To tell you the truth, I already noticed that I'm slipping a little while ago. It's not too bad though and my Portuguese is improving, so overall I am still learning more than I'm loosing. But it is good that I'm coming back for a short intensive course in Edinburgh soon. ;)