Monday 17 October 2011

Pets

In Edinburgh a lot of people (I'd say too many) have mice running around in their walls and sometimes coming in for a visit. Here in Belo Horizonte there are a lot small lizards running around on the streets or in parks, but never indoors as far as I know. They are typically about one foot long, but I have seen much bigger. I get a lot of visits from a different kind of animal, see below.

The ants are incredibly organised, look at how perfectly aligned they are. There are about 40 of them feasting in this picture and all of them are aligned straight out from the poison food I had put out for them. They are far more organised than the people living here. A lot of Germans moved to Brazil in the 19th century and I have been told that they have significantly influenced some parts of Brazil. I just never realised that they were talking about ants.

No comments: