Monday 16 April 2012

Tofsen

Tofsen is the student union magazine of Chalmers University of technology in Gothenburg. A while ago they contacted me and asked if they could interview me for the magazine. Of course I said yes and you can see the result by either going past the university and picking your copy or by following this link to the pdf-version. The first part of the magazine is in Swedish, but in the end there are some pages in English (including my interview on pages 34-35). I can also recommend page 26 which is about a Swedish astronaut who was in space in 2006 and in 2009 (this is however in Swedish). 

The interview was held by emails in Swedish, so I was quite surprised when I saw that the final version was in English. A few things changed slightly, but nothing major. However, it was the first time I personally experienced how easy it is for journalists to change basically whatever they want in their texts. I have to say that changing language is a smart way of tuning quotes the way they want. But again, they didn't change anything into anything bad, but they easily could have.

No comments: