Sunday 22 January 2012

Circuito do sol

Today I got up at 5 am, on a Sunday! I did this in order to run a 10 km race, which started at 8 am. It was quite tough to start that early, but it did make sense since it's not as hot in the morning as during the day. I saw a thermometer saying 27 degrees, so it could have been worse.
I have only been training about 10 times since November and even less before that, so I didn't have much hope for this race. It did go better than expected, I finished in 48.5 min, which got me into the top 100 of everyone and top 10 of my age group! Maybe I should also mention that not more than approximately 600 people participated. There was also a 5 km race, which about 900 people ran.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Woo, well done Johan!!
Good effort, especially at that horrible time of a morning.
What's next - do you have more plans to run and do any more races? Good luck if you do!!

Johan said...

First I was really annoyed that it would be that early in the morning, but then one weekend I tried to go running in the afternoon and it was absolutely horrible. It was way too hot so I was exhausted almost immediately. So if I have to choose between early and very hot, I probably have to say early...

Yes, I am planning to run more. There is another 10 km race in March already.